- Destroys blood clots
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reverses atherosclerosis
- Lowers LDL cholesterol & triglycerides
- Prevents formation of arterial plaque
- Improves circulation
- Improves endothelial function
- Increases bone mineral density
- Boosts immunity
- Promotes collagen production
- Improves lung function
- May be a good solution for those suffering from long Covid. [Source]
Nattokinase is a potent enzyme that has been making waves in the health and wellness scene. Renowned for its multitude of health benefits, it has emerged as a potential natural wonder drug. This article dives deep into the world of Nattokinase, revealing its origins, health benefits, potential risks, and more.
What Exactly is Nattokinase?
Nattokinase is a potent enzyme derived from a traditional Japanese food, natto. Natto is made from fermented soybeans, a process that involves the addition of a bacterium called Bacillus subtilis to boiled soybeans. The resulting product is a distinctive food with a slimy texture and strong smell.
The hero ingredient in natto, Nattokinase was first discovered by Dr. Hiroyuku Sumi in 1980. He was fascinated by enzymes that could dissolve blood clots and sought a natural method to achieve this. His quest led him to natto, which he found to be more effective at dissolving blood clots than any other known food.
Unveiling the Health Benefits of Nattokinase
Nattokinase is packed with numerous health benefits. Here we delve into five key benefits that have been backed by scientific research:
- Lowering Blood Pressure: High blood pressure is a prevalent health concern affecting millions worldwide. Nattokinase has shown potential to help manage this condition, promoting better circulation by breaking down fibrin, a protein responsible for clotting.
- Improving Heart Health: Heart disease is a leading cause of death globally. Nattokinase has shown to improve heart health by reducing blood pressure, preventing clot formation, and offering anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Promoting Respiratory Health: Nattokinase may help reduce the size of nasal polyps, benign growths in the sinuses or nose that can cause discomfort and breathing difficulties.
- Aiding Detoxification: The improved blood flow and circulation promoted by Nattokinase can help your body’s lymphatic system get rid of toxins more effectively.
- Relieving Pain and Inflammation: Chronic inflammation can lead to serious health issues. Nattokinase offers anti-inflammatory benefits that can help alleviate pain and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
Nattokinase and Heart Health
Cardiovascular disease is a significant health concern, with heart attacks and strokes causing numerous deaths each year. Nattokinase has shown promise in reducing the risk of such events due to its unique ability to prevent blood clots and reduce inflammation. It’s also been found to help manage atherosclerosis, a condition characterized by a build-up of plaque in the arteries.
Nattokinase for Long Covid
The potential benefits of Nattokinase extend to those suffering from post-acute sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection, also known as long Covid. Long Covid patients often experience lingering symptoms, including fatigue, brain fog, and shortness of breath, which can last for weeks or even months following the initial recovery from Covid-19.
Recent studies suggest that Nattokinase may aid in managing these persistent symptoms. Its fibrinolytic activity can improve circulation, potentially alleviating fatigue and shortness of breath. Meanwhile, its anti-inflammatory properties could help reduce systemic inflammation, which has been linked to brain fog and other neurological symptoms in long Covid patients.
How To Incorporate Nattokinase Into Your Routine
The health benefits of Nattokinase can be harnessed in several ways:
- Consume Natto: The most direct way to incorporate Nattokinase into your diet is by consuming natto. It can be found in Asian grocery stores or health food stores.
- Take Nattokinase Supplements: Nattokinase is also available in supplement form. These supplements provide a more potent and convenient method to consume Nattokinase.
- Ingest Functional Foods and Beverages: Some manufacturers incorporate Nattokinase into functional foods and beverages, such as smoothies, energy bars, or protein shakes.
Potential Risks and Side Effects
While Nattokinase is generally considered safe for most individuals, certain precautions should be taken:
- Increased Bleeding Risk: Due to its fibrinolytic activity, Nattokinase may increase the risk of bleeding, especially for individuals on anticoagulant or antiplatelet medications.
- Allergic Reactions: Individuals allergic to soy or soy-based products may experience allergic reactions to Nattokinase.
- Pregnancy and Breast-Feeding: The safety of Nattokinase during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not well-studied, so it is advisable to avoid supplemental Nattokinase during these periods.
- Interaction with Medications: Nattokinase may interact with certain medications, including anticoagulants, antiplatelet drugs, and blood pressure medications. Always consult with a healthcare provider before starting Nattokinase.
The Verdict: Embrace the Power of Nattokinase
Nattokinase holds great promise as a natural supplement with a plethora of health benefits. Whether you’re seeking to lower your blood pressure, improve heart health, or relieve inflammation, Nattokinase could be an excellent addition to your wellness routine. As with any supplement, it’s essential to consult with a healthcare professional before starting to ensure it’s the right fit for your personal health needs. So, why not unlock the power of Nattokinase today?